“First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.” – Walt Disney
How many times a day do you hear motivational speakers tell you to dream, dream big, and follow your dream? In fact, I am telling you right now that you deserve to dream.
But what if you don’t know why, or how, or if you even know what a dream is?
I know there was a time in my life when I didn’t remember how to dream. I simply ran through my life, day in and out, and did not dare ask, “what about me?”
If you’re anything like me, this might ring true. I was very successful and had all the “things” I thought I wanted. A great job, home, family, and plenty of free time.
But I was not happy. I felt empty and wondered what I was even doing in this life.
When I took the time to first think about who I was and what made me happy in this life I discovered I was following someone else’s roadmap of what success looked like and what I needed to be and what I needed to do to make that happen.
I realized that I had created this life, that was not my desire, so I could create another if I wanted to. I believed I had the ability to get things done and that I deserved to follow my heart. I walked away from that life in search of my purpose. You see, dreaming of potential, imagining what it’s like to fill your heart brings joy, hope, and purpose into your life, but it also means letting go of what you thought was important.
You deserve to celebrate your deliciousness, embracing your dream, and making it a reality.
Loving your dream keeps you going as you take the steps to make it happen.
Step into your life and live your purpose.
Your ability to self-reflect, hold yourself accountable and evaluate what’s important to you will transform your world. Saying no to your old beliefs is first. For some, this is the most difficult thing to do. Your journey is learning to live within your values and your purpose, and this gift offers you the experience of saying no and being liberated to follow your path.
When you are honest with yourself, then you can take that time to imagine what you want in your life and why it is important to you.
- Can I think of a specific time when I was really motivated in work / job / career? What was it about the situation that really motivated me?
- Write your answer to this question and answer it at least 20 times (more is better)
- Prioritize your list and when done work with the top 5.
- These are the things I want in my dream endeavor. If I had access to all the resources I needed and there were no obstacles in my way, what would I want to be doing?
- What has to happen for me to know that I have the ability to _______?
- How will I know when I am doing ________?
- What does ________ mean to me?
- Who can I call into my life to help me achieve __________?
- What would have to happen for me to embrace _____________ for me?
You deserve to dream, you deserve to act on your dream, you deserve to watch your dream come true.
It takes intentionality, decisions, and choice. It’s up to you to know when you are ready for a change.
What would it take for you to set yourself free, to believe in yourself, to know your choices matter?
It takes allowing yourself to feel worthy of self-expression, self-care, and self-development. It takes having someone at your side guiding you through the barriers that could hold you back. It takes someone who has done it and is willing to go through it with you.
Let’s talk and see if I am that someone for you. Schedule our discovery meeting today.
Leave a Reply