Have you ever found yourself in conversation with someone and you feel their anger? Maybe you aren’t fully aware of what you are experiencing, yet you hear words that rub you or make you wonder what is going on in their life. There might be a part of you that looks for a way to get out of this conversation because your mind is yelling, “GET OUT NOW.”
Have you ever wondered if you were in a conversation with someone who felt this way about you?
Maybe your mind is asking you why you said something in that way. Maybe it whispers, “do you really believe that?” Perhaps it is screaming for you to make some changes, it wants to get out.
Well, there is no escaping yourself. There is, however, a way for you to make changes just by learning how to reframe what you say and what you hear yourself think.
Here are a few examples of self-destructive self-talk:
- “I don’t deserve to be happy.”
- “I can’t do anything right.”
- “I’m not attractive.”
- “I’m too old for__________.”
- “I’ll never be a good enough _______________.”
- “Here we go again Why me?”
- “I have too much baggage.”
- “I don’t want to get hurt again.”
And there are hundreds more examples I could share.
The thing is you have the power to show up any way you choose. If you believe you are worthy, if you have a clear and healthy self-image, and if you are at peace with who you are, then you have the power to show up in a more empowered state.
- Know that you are not a victim.
- Know that you are not unworthy.
- Know that you are not invisible.
You have unlimited, pure, potential in how you express your image of yourself every day. My question is, what do you want that image to be?
- “Look at me! I love my life and embrace all that I have right now.”
- “I am so very proud of what I did right today.”
- “My most amazing feature is _____________ and I love it!”
- “I’m wise and ready for __________.”
- “I will continue to learn and practice, and I know I will be very good at _______________.”
- “Sometimes things happen, and I learned and grew from __________ experience.”
- “I have a history, as do you, and it is that experience that makes me worthy.”
- “I am open to more love in my life, freely feeling my heart full again.”
You have the power to transform your life. Maybe ask yourself:
- “Given what I know to be true, and given the resources I have right now, knowing I want an amazing outcome, what more can I do right now that brings me even closer to the positive outcome I deserve?”
- “I know I have so many choices before me. What else can I do that has the most effective results for me to focus on now?”
- “If my best friend had this (problem, situation, concern), how would I encourage her/him to make the most productive choice and move even closer to what they desire today?”
Questions have the power to give you a new perspective, transform your thoughts, and shift your mindset.
You have everything you need within you to bring out the very best of you each and every moment.
What would it take for you to set yourself free, to believe in yourself, to know your choices matter?
It takes allowing yourself to feel worthy of self-care and self-development. It takes having someone at your side guiding you through the barriers that could hold you back. It takes someone who has done it and is willing to go through it with you.
Let’s talk and see if I am that someone for you. Schedule our discovery meeting today.