Have you ever been driven by someone else’s idea of success? Maybe it was a boss, a friend, a teacher, or a parent. Is it possible that so many “outside” influencers have defined success for you that, no matter how much you achieve, success feels illusive to you? Whether it’s in your business, your career, or your personal relationships, if your vision is not yours to achieve, you will always be on a mission for more.
Success is not an endgame
Many of you might see the trappings of achievement from others and believe that this is what success looks like. Something outside of yourself.
- Prosperity, affluence, wealth, or comfort as goals themselves might always be a small reach out of your grasp. It is your deep desire to why you, internally, want this that will get you there. Otherwise, even if you have achieved this end, you will not realize it.
- Performance, achievement, or reaching a goal is fulfilling, but is in affect at a point in time and then it’s time for even more. If achieving these results is driven by loving what you do and how you do it, then the feeling of success will always be yours. If it is due to another’s need for a delivered outcome, or from someone else’s perspective of excellence, then today you succeed, tomorrow you do not.
- Family, friends, or community that connects to you on a deep level is a form of success many of you desire and achieve. Are these the right people for you and your continued growth? Do they support you in a positive manner and hold no expectation of judgement of you and your desires? If no, or not sure, is your answer, then have you succeeded in forming a community that is yours to flourish in?
When asked “what does success look like to you,” take the time to dig deep and ask:
- Do I really like myself every moment of every day?
- Do I love what I do, to the point that it pulls me forward for more?
- Am I proud of how I live my life, knowing I bring value to others?
Pay attention today and become aware of who you are and the choices you make. Success is there for you right now. You know you want this. It’s time. Ttake control of your life, make conscious choices, and be aware of the dream that belongs to you along. You know it’s time to take control of your life.
If not now, when?
You don’t have to go there alone.