In the middle of self-distancing, quarantine, or separation from community; how can a motivational speaker talk about dreams and getting more in your life?
What I can do is talk about my experience and my projection of the trajectory of your path. What I can do is talk about the opportunity to be even more right now and emerge from this time of cocooning new, fresh, and in control. The butterfly feels struggle as it tries to emerge but look at the beauty that comes forth.
Separation is the perfect time for self-reflecting. Self-development, and self-devotion. It is a chance to be in a safe environment, your home, your wo/man-cave, and be honest with your feelings. Get downright raw and real about what is going on in your life. All of it. Admit where you are and stop pushing it away. Instead, breath into it and accept these feelings. Look at them and know these are part of you and love yourself anyway.
And then you can:
Turn in a different direction. Some of you may have the capacity to completely turn around while others maybe a 5-degree shift. No matter, it is change. You can:
- Shift your business to on-line, telephonic, or take-out/drop-off.
- Shift your product to support medical needs, community, or your neighborhood.
- Organize an outside barbecue/block-party where neighbors are on their porch/lawns waiving and loving on each other.
Where is your opportunity to pivot and bring the pain along for the ride?
As you walk around your home looking for ways to fill your time you can:
HONE YOUR SKILL
- Is it time to write that book, develop that business plan, or practice honing a skill?
- Maybe this is your opportunity for self-reflecting and deciding what your next business, career, or personal move should be.
- It’s always time for self-development, take new courses, work with a new mentor, or practice those skills with new focus.
- When was the last time you really practiced self-devotion? Honor the you that makes up your body, mind, and spirit. Embrace the beauty that is on this earth in this moment, with love and tenderness
Who do you know that is missing that personal touch, maybe feeling lonely and disconnected?
SUPPORT AND REACH OUT
- Keep in touch with those you love when before you did not have the time.
- Check in with family and friends, be present, supporting, non-judgmental.
- Listen, giving them your full attention.
- Gently guide then through to a more positive potentiality.
And when this is over, you will emerge as something different. Changed. You will be even more. You will stand out in this new world that is now developing with clarity, strength, and commitment to what comes next.
You have the power to choose how you respond and how you use your energy each day. This is a practice of conscious choice and being present in the uniqueness of the moment. Take control, accept responsibility, and be aware that your perspective, response, and results belong to you alone. You know it’s timre for even more.
If not now, when?