“Enough is enough. There is no need to be living a life that you hate anymore. Nobody is going to get you the life that you want, it is up to you to work for it and achieve it. It is time to start living the life that you see every time you close your eyes.” – Henry James
So, what is going on that you are not living the life that you desire? There are many factors to consider but today we are talking about the habits of living and indicators that these no longer serve you.
Your life is made up of a series of routines that actually support reducing stress and brings you a feeling of security. You are a creature of habit, and your healthy routine enhances wellness through structure and organization. It is when you go through your day without being present and ignore the signs that your choices are no longer healthy for you that it is time to rethink your life.
When routine becomes a “rut” you lose your desire to do more, your ability to think creatively is reduced, your relationships are negatively impacted, and your health begins to deteriorate. You might find that you are short tempered, frustrated, exhausted and all around feeling trapped.
Are you even aware that your behavior, your attitude, or your health is telling you to pay attention?
Let me share a few indicators that you are ready for a change.
Thing Just Don’t Feel Right
If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
- You find yourself envious of what others have, focusing on what you lack
- You have no idea why you are unhappy or even what will make you happy in the first place
- You consistently feel out of sorts and may even be unhappy with how your life is going
- You’re stuck and unable to step out of your comfort zone
- You’re exhausted, cranky, or physically uncomfortable all or most of the time
- You’re unable to focus on a given task or find yourself creating errors on tasks you normally have no issues with
Time Is Not Yours
- You realize you’re not devoting enough time to the things that matter to you
- Your life revolves around the weekends and work is an inconvenience
- The only time you let your hair down and relax is on vacation, your life is full of obligation
You might be missing some signs that change is needed.
Change is scary and even more so when it means a major shift in your life choices. Change can also be exciting, invigorating, and rewarding as you choose to move towards what you desire. Consciously changing your routine and making different choices in your life in spite of the fear will help you grow, evolve, and reach all that you truly desire.
This is a practice of conscious choice. Take control, accept responsibility, and be aware that your perspective, response, and results belong to you alone. Begin shifting your choices today, one at a time. Small steps are easiest to take. You know it’s time for even more.
If not now, when?
You don’t have to go there alone.
Leave a Reply